StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

Im coming down to Sugarland to do about 4 weeks of training for work Jan 13-Feb 5th or so.
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to lend their bike (all expenses paid by me of course) for a while or even if someone has a spare and wants to go out for a Sunday? Haven't been able to ride since October and Spring is still a ways off...
Coming from Alaska, your 50 degree weather is perfect!

Company is extremely against trainees renting cars, just trying to find a loophole so I dont just go from hotel to classroom and back for a month :thumbdown:

·
Registered
14,171 Posts
I used to ride my motorcycle to training for work. Loved it. Got per diem and travel pay. With a house full of kids, the money I came home with helped a lot.
I know what you mean about being afoot for extended periods.
When I rode to training I'd schedule my classes around the rallies in the midwest and spend weekends camping.
Hopefully you will have a chance to ride some while stuck far from home. Good luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got some clarification from reading the rules.
I am not allowed to bring personal vehicles to work unless I get a check ride. They only give check rides to those that work at the training facility, not students, and if I rent a car and get in an accident anywhere, training is over for me. So I need a 'loaned' private vehicle. :headbang:

But Im still good for Sunday Jaunts or anything after hours. A lot of international people attend, many without any or minimal driving experience, so a blanket rule has been set.

If it wasn't so far (and winter), I would just buy a bike and ride it back, kinda been wanting a used Concours 14 lol. Oh well :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts