StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi: It got warm in Michigan today. Hopped on the Strom for the ride home. I replaced the original seat for the Suzuki gel insert model. Discovered after about 5 minutes those things get hot - and stay hot. Anyone else experience this? I may have to swap back to my stock seat.:confused:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was warm in MI today. What a great day to ride. Anyway yes I can't stand gel seats because of the heat they retain. Also you will find they don't breath very well either. Sorry I know that is not what you wanted to hear about your investment. Maybe try a sheepskin cover for it?
May have to ebay it and go to a Corbin.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Friend of mine had a gel seat on his Bandit; it was a rude awakening the first time he rode it after the bike sat in the sun all day. Two miles into the trip home he though he was on fire. He started covering it with a white towel if the bike was parked outside and ended up putting the stock seat back on a few weeks later.

Hope your setup works out better.

·
I rock at logic
368 Posts
I have the gel seat and would second the suggestion to use a white
towel.

Someone with a 'strom actually built a retractable "shade" that attached
to his top case and hooked onto his handlebars when he extended it.
The thing looked like it was reflective too. Pretty crazy, but cool.

M

·
0 Posts
I've had my Corbin out in the Desert of the Southwest and have been very comfortable. No heat transfer from the motor, and nothing more than warm from the sun. I love the Corbin and will never ride anything else.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I have a Gel Seat too, and have the same issue if it sits in the sun. I have to park the bike somewhere that will have been in the shade for a few hours before I leave the office. I am trying to decide whether to go with a new seat, or just buy something reflective to put on the seat when not in use. Seems that sun is what gets it really hot.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Had a "hot buns" and a "I remember reading about this" moment recently. Put the sheepskin butt-pad I'd gotten before the gel seat back on for the warm days.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a sheepskin on my gel seat and the heat is much more tolerable had a gel seat on my sv and it got much hotter this one is better overall. I have really enjoyed the comfort and height of the gel seat.
deb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts