StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

The DL650 K5 service manual calls for replacing the rad hoses after 4 years so my 2005 Wee is a bit overdue for this.

They seem to be in good shape but I'm planning a 1-2 week trip this summer so I figure I'd better replace them just to be safe.

Anyway, should I just change the 2 big main hoses or also all the little connector hoses (4 more by my count).

I plan to replace the brake lines with Galfer SS lines too. No issues there.

- Martin

·
Premium Member
3,050 Posts
I'd say, "if they ain't broken, don't fix em"..........?? Don't think I've seen too many threads on the forum about leaky hoses......maybe leaky seals, but not hoses. If you do change them out, I'd suggest getting a few 100 miles on them to make sure no leaks arise from the change-out??

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to mention that the manual also calls for replacing the fuel line... any advice there aside from draining the tank beforehand. :yikes:

·
Registered
631 Posts
No need to change the hoses at 4 years unless you're at 80k miles. Just check the clamps to be sure they're snug.

Change the coolant, yes, but not the hoses themselves.

·
Registered
495 Posts
i would agree. Inspect hoses 1-2x a year. I use silicon spray on mine when doing annual maintenance.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, you guys are probably right. They seem fine... firm, not squishy at all. The bike has just over 40,000 km. on it.

Same goes for the fuel line and brake lines, I suppose.

Thanks for talking me out of it and saving me some dough.:thumbup:

- Martin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts