Strom Trooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Señor Suzuki;

About the, so-called, horn on your 2012 Vstrom: Have you ever heard anything so incompetent and impotent in your life? What with the EU prescribing the size of fonts on tire sidewalls, etc., ad nauseam, who have you and the other motorcycle builders had to pay off to continue to get the regulators to ignore the perfectly useless horn you install on your bikes?

What would the upgrade cost be? Ten dollars? Fifteen? So that someone in a car with the windows up and the radio playing would be alerted that they are moving into your lane?

It is a safety issue, dammit and I hate having to spend $100 plus to correct your short-sighted omission! Dammit! :headbang:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Señor Suzuki;

About the, so-called, horn on your 2012 Vstrom: Have you ever heard anything so incompetent and impotent in your life? What with the EU prescribing the size of fonts on tire sidewalls, etc., ad nauseam, who have you and the other motorcycle builders had to pay off to continue to get the regulators to ignore the perfectly useless horn you install on your bikes?

What would the upgrade cost be? Ten dollars? Fifteen? So that someone in a car with the windows up and the radio playing would be alerted that they are moving into your lane?

It is a safety issue, dammit and I hate having to spend $100 plus to correct your short-sighted omission! Dammit! :headbang:
I know people mention the benefits of loud pipes but a truly loud horn would be much more effective in heavy traffic. It would seem to be a great idea and I agree the Vstrom horn is just way too 'polite'.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts