StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the horn located on the DL1000? I found a nice guide that showed the horn on the DL650, but on the DL1000 there's a big fan in that spot...at least that's what it felt like when I stuck my finger up there. I even tried looking in the service manual and couldn't find it. Sorry for asking, but I need to know where it is before I start taking things apart. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
The Horn Is located on the r.h. side of thr rear of the radiator . good luck

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
are you serious? why not press the horn button then look where the sound is coming from

·
Registered
303 Posts
to gain access you need to remove the temp sender plug (not the assembly . . . just unplug it.) bend the shroud back and that'll give you enough room.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
there's a big fan in that spot...at least that's what it felt like when I stuck my finger up there. .

I hope it was off when you used your finger as a fan probe! ;)

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
are you serious? why not press the horn button then look where the sound is coming from
Believe me, I didn't want to ask, but the engine was hot from my morning ride and I knew it involved taking either left- or right- side farings off. The DL1000 has an extra hunk of plastic on the fairing that makes it difficult to remove when you have crash bars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts