StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yall-

I'm installing me Stebel Horn - and I want to remove the side fairings (not the upper black fairing that comprises the windshield / gauges assembly). Does anyone have any tips on this? Any links I could use to help me. Seems easy enough - yet, she's still together :(.

Tanks
Mates

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
There are a couple of sort of hidden screws in the little grill things. Phillips tip screwdriver to remove. There are also a couple of those black pop rivets on the underside above fender as I recall. Push the center of the rivet to release.
I am also assuming you removed the crome hex head bolts on fairing itself and on the strip between fairing and dash?
A good source of this stuff is the shop manual. There is a link several places in the forum but I can not fid it just now.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Yep. Removing the chin piece first is the key. Its removal provides access to the screws holding the fronts of the side panels.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Be sure you know where all the screws and rivets come from. I thought I was being very careful but ended up with an extra after I got everything put back on. I should have taken pictures or at least written some notes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts