StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Why would you want to? I can get there in 20 minutes and its the last place I'd choose to ride...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Agree with Steve...... don't make no sense! Not to mention you'd be vying for one of the top ten Darwin Awards!
Ride safe.
g

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Agree with Steve...... don't make no sense! Not to mention you'd be vying for one of the top ten Darwin Awards!
Ride safe.
g
I take it it is still an active line. Strange the Basecamp doesnt mind doing a route through it.

Actually, now that I look at the route, it looks like Tunnel Road goes to the entrance then veers off. Has anyone ridden this?

thx

pmk

·
Registered
969 Posts
I'm usually all for seeing new things and I might put this one on my list. Thanks. Of course this would just be a quick leg stretch stop since I'd be heading for the Quabbin or VT100 or Mohawk trail or Greylock or Bridge of flowers or the tobacco trail, or, or, or, and the list goes on.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Ya nuts?? !! It's an active line.
But visiting it is certainly worthwhile. The history of the construction is awesome. Dynamite was refined for the project. The central air duck is worth visiting. I found that the east end is easy to walk into; OK if you're not bothered by NO Trespassing signs and possible death by a train.

·
Registered
898 Posts
BigMan wants to ride through the length of it. Maybe you can partner up with him. Personally, I think you're crazy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts