StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting my V up to its haunches in wet sand Sunday, I was cleaning it up and took off the front sprocket cover. A little hook popped out, and I'm not sure exactly where it belongs. I'm thinking it is secured by the lower front bolt for the sprocket cover on the inside, and its purpose is to maybe loop toward the back of the bike, around the wiring that attaches to the side-stand sensor, so the wiring doesn't wander .... it seems to fit there at that bolt, anyway, but that's just my best guess. Anyone else familiar with this doohicky and where it goes?

It's a 2012 DL 650.

Thanks for any info...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Its the holder for the kickstand lockout switch cable. Held by the lower left bolt of the cover, if I remember right. On the outside!!

Curl it around the cable so next time it won't fall down, just slide down the cable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response, Blaustrom. Hope you can some more riding in before the snows come.

On the outside? As in, secured between the head of the bolt and the surface of the cover? And curling around inside where the wiring is?

Hmmm... OK

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
OK, I assume the 2012 is similar to the older ones. There should be a cable going to the kickstand lockout switch outside the cover. You have such an electrical cable?

I don't know what electrical cable you have inside the sprocket cover?

On the outside? As in, secured between the head of the bolt and the surface of the cover? YES

Most likely no more riding, first snow forecast for the weekend, hopefully it will come and go, we still need to rake some leaves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts