StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Made my own skideplate out of some 1/4" alluminum scrap i had. i found the hinged clamps at home depot for $5 each. Not tp bad for $10 and about a12pack of miller lite what do yall think?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not too shabby for the cost! Should do the trick for the most part.
Thanks, I am going to take it back off and put more holes in the front , cut a little off the left hand side and trim it up a little and I am thinking about taking the u shaped back bracket off that i made and adding some support to it .

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I think I'd drill a couple more holes for ventilation and celebrate with a real tasty bottle of suds like Chamay. I like home made stuff!

·
Registered
944 Posts
I can't imagine how good it would look it use would have used a 12 pack of decent beer instead of Miler Lite.

That said, it looks really good. In the end, buff out the scratches and maybe paint it black.

I like it. :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Looks good......I also like home-fabbed ideas!!! Nice looking crashbars....what brand?? Also, can you show some pics of the rear brackets and where they mount to?? Did you bend the hinges.......how??? :thumbup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good job. I am also interested in home fab. Thanks for posting. :thumbup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks good......I also like home-fabbed ideas!!! Nice looking crashbars....what brand?? Also, can you show some pics of the rear brackets and where they mount to?? Did you bend the hinges.......how??? :thumbup:
1) The crashbars are from Happy Trails.
2) I will try to take pic's of the back bracket tomorrow, I mounted it to the threaded holes that are for a centerstand I think
3) the hinged pipe clamps I found at home depot, they are 3/4" pipe repair clamps and came just as they look.

thaks all for the positive feedback

I mounted more farkls lastnight

show crome heated grips, OEM handguards and sargent seat. still waiting on the top rack mount from the dealer to mount the hard bags. Ithink Im almost done adding stuff.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Good job. I am also interested in home fab. Thanks for posting. :thumbup:
I love to fab my own stuff when i can. I like the challenge, and it also helps me justify spending money on other stuff for the bikes with the $ saved by making my own. my wife just shakes her head when she sees me making something because she knows I will be buying more farkles

I have a stick welder and a flux core welder and I believe santa is gonna get me a wire welder for xmas that I will be able to weld alluminum with ( he is shopping around now):thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts