StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the materials to make a tool tube storage for my 19 wee. Got 3" and pipe, an end cap and a screw on fitting for the opening end. Cannot decide where to mount. I do not have side racks. Was thinking on crash bars behind front tire but it seems a little sketchy. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Do you plan to install panniers? If not, the spot that looks most adaptable would be directly above that gigantic muffler. The bracket that the muffler bolts to and the bracket for the pillion footpegs looks like good points for attachment. If there is room to do so, it would be good to tuck in so that panniers could be added in future.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you plan to install panniers? If not, the spot that looks most adaptable would be directly above that gigantic muffler. The bracket that the muffler bolts to and the bracket for the pillion footpegs looks like good points for attachment. If there is room to do so, it would be good to tuck in so that panniers could be added in future.
Awesome idea friend! No panniers for now but the tube can be moved easily . Will need to be aware of distance from exhaust for heat

·
Registered
11,531 Posts
This tool tube is just bolted to the frame using the existing bolts plus an adapter on one side. The tubes used to be had at an ag site for under $5 online. I actually keep a can of Chain Saver and a rag in there.

Found it...
https://www.agrisupply.com/manual-canister-large/p/80881/

Reactions: Gert and K9 Wee

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mine was mounted to my skid plate by the prior owner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts