StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, Here is pics of my luggage plate I knocked up with a piece of checkerplate aluminium, then I got it powdercoated black to match the rest of the bike :) Our top luggage was sagging over the edges of the rear rack and obscuring the indicators so this plate only goes on for the road trips, I am not going to try and see how the Strom handles with a F1 wing on the back !
It takes only 4 bolts to mount so its an easy on/off option. Has anyone made anything similar?

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Looks great! I have my duffle bag where your pillion is and a top box on the back so no need.
Is all your gear Wolfman? Are you running the tank side bags aswell? Do the rub the paintwork/decals? Cheers Steve

Edit- Just saw the pics of the tank bags in the previous thread and can see the protective layer.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Yes, the Nilgiri rack is great.

Then I added my Givi top box mounting plate on it, take the box off the mount and strap the camping bag on it.
Quick and easy to swap, as well as giving plenty of options for tying stuff down.
:thumbup:

But I have not fitted the rack back on yet since I swapped the Givi rack and panniers over to the Happy Trails rack and alloy boxes.
Too many things to do....... not enough time, it is "on the list" though. :green_lol:

I like the handy tie down straps on yours ML.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Replies for all,

Strombow - Yes all wolfman luggage, no rubbing occurs anywhere, good quality waterproof stuff if you dont mind spending a few minutes with straps & buckles.

Notacop - The Airhawk goes on for the 8-10 hours days in the saddle that are coming up next week, for a weekend ride it usually stays in the cupboard.

Haysey - The Nilgiri looks like a good option, my plate was a bit of scrap metal that I cut & bent to exactly fit my luggage so I only had to pay for the powdercoat.

Ock - Cheers, and hope you have a good ceremony + holiday next year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts