Registered
1,589 Posts
very impressive

very impressive work

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well Done!

This looks quite professionally manufactured and safe. Well done. Thanks for the drawings. I will gladly try my hand at building a set.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys for the good comments ! This was a well spent easter friday at the office...but not working...I mean not working for the boss !:thumbup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used a 3/8" stainless steel rod. I had to make a flat section (about 3 inch long) at one end to accomodate the exhaust. I welded a stainless steel washer at one end and drilled a 3/32 hole at the other end to insert a clevis pin lock.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Very nice. Ever think about a little side business making them to sell? :thumbup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a new 2012 Adventure and needed to lift the bike to install lowering links. Found your post showing the lifting brackets you made. I made a list of material from your drawings and purchased $8.50 of steel and made a set. They didn't look as nice as yours, but they worked perfect. Thanks for sharing your design and details with everyone.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Lifting Fixture

Great job with the fabrication & finish work, prints and pictures. It looks like it should be very stable. I have a rear spool stand and a stand for the front where a pin goes into the center hole of the triple clamp pivot bolt. They work good but I cannot pull the triple clamp because of where the pin installs. I will make the front fixture for just that purpose and use a jack. Thanks.

·
Registered
662 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Pretty work - I have the same side and top cases you're using. Also painted the stock wheels silver for some more visibiity. Nice '05 you've got there...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Just bought a new 2012 Adventure and needed to lift the bike to install lowering links. Found your post showing the lifting brackets you made. I made a list of material from your drawings and purchased $8.50 of steel and made a set.
So this DOES work for the 2012 and newer???

Just want to check before I go to the fabricator and get a set made up.

thanks,
mitch

·
Registered
270 Posts
Just curious, what is the depth of the cutout on the rod?? and what is the line at the end of the rod for?? A notch of some sort??

·
Registered
23 Posts
No need to put a "flat" on the 3/8" (10mm) shaft.

Just carefully file a groove in the exhaust pipe cover guard. The groove just needs to be about 2mm deep...not enough to make a hole in the cover guard.

Just to make things clear, the filed groove is in line with the hole in the engine casing.... a little patience with a round file.

I am doing things a little different by using stands under the 3/8" cross rod with the bike on the centre stand.....no need to use a jack...The front wheel is initially lifted off the floor and a 50mm thick block place under the tyre.

I have made the stands and everything works well.

btw the way I drilled out the engine casing hole to 12mm with the intention of using a larger diameter shanked "pin"

A separate thread will come later complete with Pics

Graeme Gould

·
Registered
82 Posts
Lift

And yet another reason I wish I could weld. Very nice and professional looking.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts