StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if this has been tried, but it seemed pretty simple. It takes about 2 seconds to break the beads. Then I just use my Three small 9" tire irons to remove & re-install the new or good used tire. It's nice to get a tire changed 24/7.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
It's nice to get a tire changed 24/7.
You got that right!!! I use a Harbor Freight tire changer because I can't wait for a dealer, or local shop to work me in, (Besides, on tire change paid for the unit.)

Your system looks great! Really nice and innovative job!

Thanks for sharing it.

B.L.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
What did you for the parts that engage the wheel, aka rim clamps?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What did you for the parts that engage the wheel, aka rim clamps?

I used 1/4'' round bar to make "forks" that the spokes lay in. I use a tie-down strap to hold the wheel secure. I have since put clear tubing over the rods to protect the finish. It sure beats wrestling the wheel while on your knees.
Maybe this pic helps...

[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
tire changer

I got a Habor Freight changer delivered for under $100 = We've (my buddy and I) have changed dozens of tires on it. Works great for what I paid. My buddy's made a few $$$ to stick in his pocket. We use dyna beads in all the tires, to date no problems, smooth as silk.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Make it yourself and then do it yourself, priceless:thumbup:

·
Registered
313 Posts
It seems that the motorcycle tire changer adaptor is no longer available from Harbor Freight. Does anybody know where I can get one?I have the bottom piece and have been looking for a while now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts