StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A grey Vee (same as mine) heading south on Highland filtering through bumper to bumper traffic:thumbup:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I work right there and live in the Santa Monica Mountains.

Got the V-Strom for that very reason. I stay off the freeway and ride through the mountains
and back roads. It's slower, but it's beautiful and the air is just so much better.
I considered a nice little convertible (you know ... half a cage), but there are a few lights and a couple of stops where the line gets too long.
Filtering by with a motorcycle is the way to go. Also more room to move around on the bike.
Overall the ride is 15 minutes longer, but it's consistent. When I used to take the freeway (101 from Calabasas) on a good day it was 45 minutes, but often as long as 1 hour and 30 minutes... bumper to number with idiots playing with their cell phones....

The Hollywood part of my commute consists of 200 yards on Franklin and 100 yard on Orange. The rest is in the Hollywood Hills. Apart from the tourist sight seeing vans it's great.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Wow....so we're neighbors. North Oxnard is a great place to live for getting away on the bike. 15 minutes to the beach, 30 minutes to an hour to the snow through Ojai. I love riding through the Santa Monica mountains, although I only do it during the week. Too many squids on the weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts