StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dale Walker sent me pics of his new slip on and a dyno chart achieved using slip ons and a Dobeck box. I don't seem to able to figure out how to post. I don't have access to website to upload them and make a link. Is this another option? If not can you give me an email address and I can forward these to you for posting.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
From Dale's site:

DL-1000 V-Strom Dyno Chart

Run 067 (blue line): Holeshot slip-ons & TFI tuning box with Dale's tune up
Run 030 (red line): bone stock

Note: These are true numbers measured on Dales in-house Dynojet 250 I Dynamometer with "Win Pep 7" program.

The Holeshot compound is about 200 feet above sea level and the dyno room stays at a constant temperature between 68-80° F. These results were also achieved with Dales tuning, which is a bonus. Dale uses his dyno as a measuring tool for development and testing only.

Be aware, that dynos, dyno operators, conditions and bikes can vary 3-8 hp, so this should only be used as a reference for before and after results.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wow, look at the difference in torque down low. Looks to be ~10 ft-lbs at some points. Good job.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yep and it runs very smooth now. Also droping to a 16 front sprocket as i have now makes it much better as well.

The DL-1000 is way over geared stock which can make it shudder a bit under load being a V twin.

Cheers

8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts