StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Campeche. It is on the Western side of the Yucatan Peninsula. I have lived here for almost 4 years. My adventures in Mexico is pretty much limited to the pennisula. For those adventurous troopers I would be happy to share information regarding this area.

Ride safe and often.

Pako
2008 DL650

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellente, Matt. Take the first step...pick a date, 2010, 2011, etc. The rest will happen. But without the first step, it is only a dream.

Ride safe and often.

saludos,

Pako

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Hola Pako; glad to see that you got the sub-forum up and running. Know little about the Yucatan peninsula so whatever you choose to share is welcome. If you get off-road down there curious about your choice of tires. Also how did Harmonicamoon come about? :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hola Pako. Some friends and I were in your area a couple of summers ago on the way to Chichen Itza. What a wonderful area in which you live! We ended up taking the quota around your city because we spent too much time in Lake Catemaco.

Since crashbox is looking for pictures, here is one along the gulf coast near where you live. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
79 Posts
If they ever start up the Tampa, Florida to Yucatan Ferry again I'll come visit. Not adventurous enough to go the "long way round"

·
Registered
603 Posts
If they ever start up the Tampa, Florida to Yucatan Ferry again I'll come visit. Not adventurous enough to go the "long way round"
Well, I'm not adventurous enough to go it alone. Maybe we should head over together sometime!

I too wish they would bring the ferry back, but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Greg, at my advanced age, the only way I would take that ride, is with an industrial strength support caravan.

I will die before I tour in a car, but now my definition of adventure is riding through Waldo at 5 over and my definition of roughing it is suffering scratchy motel towels.

Ah youth... 36 years ago my wife and I spent 9 months on the road, two up, camping every night, in snow and desert heat and loved every minute. Now... not so much

Just strap on the pots and pans and we are good to go.

·
Registered
603 Posts
What a great picture! You could have been in an ad for BMW.

BMW knew how to build reliable bikes then. One of the nicest parts of the bike was the grab rail attached to the seat and the BMW imprint on the back of the seat. I wish I had one of the towels that came in the tool kit.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I live in Campeche. It is on the Western side of the Yucatan Peninsula. I have lived here for almost 4 years. My adventures in Mexico is pretty much limited to the pennisula. For those adventurous troopers I would be happy to share information regarding this area.

Ride safe and often.

Pako
2008 DL650
Welcome harmonicamoon. I just can't stop thinking about riding down to Mexico.

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You will probably find many here that dream of riding where you do. I had a chance to ride the Baja Peninsula a couple of years ago. Saw some amazing sights and learned I'm very bad in the sand. The visit cured me of my fantasy that I needed to ride the Baja 500/1000. Now I can just stand back and respect the people that do. Really enjoyed your country it was an unforgettable experience.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Incredible video Dirt Dad. Thanks for sharing it. And thanks to Stromtrooper for making this communication possible!:thumbup:

I have never been to the baja, but it looks like it was good to you! I live in the Yucatan pennisula. It is a little different. Here in the jungle we have lots of wildlife. Jaguars, tapirs, snakes, and more. Very kewl! But that is what is incredble about Mexico. Every state has its own food, customs, dress, culture, etc. Come back soon!

Pako in Campeche

·
Registered
13 Posts
north mexico

:hurray:Hi All Guys,

Mexican but leaving in Dallas at this time, have been around all mexico in my vstrom... but specially, i do recomment a place called galeana, nuevo leon, they are a lot of texans who come to see some nice dirt, ! let me know if u are interested to share some info.. thats near monterrey, mexico

1 - 16 of 16 Posts