StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Glee Strom rider here, I recently purchased a 2014 wee with 14k on the odometer. Not new to riding 35+ years and coming from a 2006 DR650SE thumper.

I'm really looking forward to the bike with all its bells and whistles. It came with TRAXX cases, tank bag, givi plate, crash bars, heated grips and a puig windscreen.

The stator recall is done and it's finally home and I can't wait to ride. I just need some new rubber!

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Welcome to the forum, G.Verde. I'm a distance from Alberta, but I know your province well, and have ridden my Wee-Strom across it. Furthermore, I will cross it by air this month to & from YVR.

I am on the same bike now, eleven years after my Western ride, and it works like new. I have worn out the usual stuff, and broken a turn signal in a 0-MPH tipover in Tennessee, but the bike has always brought me to my destination. Sometimes numb, sometimes chilled, but always in good order and ready for more riding.

We make our own good luck in this sport. You and I have made ours by choosing fine mounts.
Keith

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keith, thanks for the welcome and words of wisdom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yeg = icao /iata code for Edmonton airport. 1st hit in google search. Google is your friend! ☺

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,095 Posts
Yeg = icao /iata code for Edmonton airport. 1st hit in google search. Google is your friend! ☺
Idiosyncrasy on my part:

If you want people to know where you are from why would you force them to look it up?

..Tom

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, from Edmonton 👍😎👍

And hoping to put some miles on the Glee.
I've been a thumper driver for some time though,
the last bike was a 06 DR650, and before that was a 01 BMW F650GS, 02 KLR650. I've only ridden the Glee once and I seriously dig it. It reminds me of the F650GS in a lot of was, comfort, ecoutrimits but far more capable for what I want to do.

Tom, what do you ride?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,095 Posts
My current ride is my 2015 DL1000 (as in my signature .) I got it end of July 2015, 9 years after [er getting my first strom.

I think Stroms are great bikes for almost any kind of riding!

..Tom

·
Premium Member
4,666 Posts
Welcome good choice - not sure how much glee remains in use .....Wee does it for me .- the little Vstrom....nice farkles.
Mitas E7s would be nice boots if you are doing some off pavement tho my K60s scouts wear like iron and very stable off pavement.

If those are stock handguards ....Tusk or Barkbusters a nice add on.
Enjoy ...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome good choice - not sure how much glee remains in use .....Wee does it for me .- the little Vstrom....nice farkles.
Mitas E7s would be nice boots if you are doing some off pavement tho my K60s scouts wear like iron and very stable off pavement.

If those are stock handguards ....Tusk or Barkbusters a nice add on.
Enjoy ...
I've had very good results from the K60's and I'm just interested in trying out the Mitas for myself... I've been watching the Strom's for a while... thus one just came at the right time.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey group, I've just purchased a 2015 Wee. Lovin' it so far. From Calgary, not far from great riding around here. The best though is BC's East Kootenay region. Previously owned, WR250, C50T, Harley Street Glide, FZ09, Street Bob and now DL650. Couldn't give up the Street Bob though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts