StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ya think!

I have to admit, I had one of those cheapo splice connectors running to my top case brake light until recently.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Maybe this aught to be moved under the thread talking about how bad dealerships are.

This is the kind of stuff they have to deal with......

·
Registered
242 Posts
wow. as a bicycle mechanic, it's amazing the stuff I see that people come up with as well. death wish maybe?

G

·
Oh gosh!!!
No matter what happens, the shop mechanic will be held responsible for any electrical fault from now until doomsday.
Obviously the owner is an genuine electrical freakin genius.

·
Registered
16,005 Posts
We need to do a charity drive and get the owner some Eastern Beaver gift certificates!

NOT! Maybe being banned from the forum for acts against nature and electricity.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
This is the price of piecemeal mods, no planning whatsoever, and being too lazy to do it right. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for hacking together solutions with whatever is available and/or affordable. But the owner's apparent unwillingness to take a few extra minutes to do a better job of routing wires or consolidate redundant looms is just tempting fate.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Suddenly I'm feeling very good about my rat's nest of wires.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Looks like he was decorating his bike for Christmas!

Seriously, I think all a dealer could do is tell the owner "we can only put your wiring back to stock and we'll have to charge you for it. Otherwise, there isn't anything we can do for you." That's how I would get out of working on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts