1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So last night was needlessly exciting.

I was involved in a hit and run.

I am fine and the bike is as well. One saddle bag it what it cost in the end.

Was traveling west bound on the 174 inside Cumberland. White SUV slows down infront of me. Right indicator turns on and they move over to the right side of the road.

At this point I am thinking they are giving me space to overtake them.
I start to overtake them and then they turn left and hit my throttle side saddle bag.

Figure I was doing about 40 at the time. I was able to come to a stop on the shoulder of the road. The oncoming shoulder.

I am not sure how I managed to keep the bike from going down.

Once stopped I looked for the SUV and it was gone.

Looked for the SUV for about a half hour without any luck.

Filed the police report already. Doubt anything will happen as I did not get a plate number.

So hard lesson learned.
Don't trust the cagers.

Anyone have a broken set of e22? My right one is dead.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Glad you are alright! Could have been a lot worse.

So is "late" last night the time the drunks are going home and the fishermen are going fishing?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Wow, glad you're OK. I can just see that happening in my head, as I've seen it myself, and seen alot of videos of that kind of thing causing crashes.

Any chance there were security cameras or traffic cams around the area? It's a shame that this person seems to have gotten away with such criminal carelessness.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Yeah I don't ever trust cagers that 'move over" ....lately here in Cairns we are seeing U Turn from the parking spot making life exciting.. Glad you are okay.

·
Registered
10,149 Posts
I always have a wide angle HD camera going (turns on with key) and have turned in two clips. One resulted in a nasty ticket. I even asked the cop who called if he would mind giving the name of the ahole I nailed on the clip. He chuckled and said no.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I always have a wide angle HD camera going (turns on with key) and have turned in two clips. One resulted in a nasty ticket. I even asked the cop who called if he would mind giving the name of the ahole I nailed on the clip. He chuckled and said no.
What is your setup? I'd like to get my cameras hard wired too so I dont' have to mess with them at all.

·
Registered
10,149 Posts
I have a Mobius camera with a simple power cord to the right accessory circuit (DL650A). It can be configured to power on and off with the cord power. It is also configured to loop when the 16GB SD fills. It holds about 6 hours of 1080P 30 FPS video. I have it recording in 5 minute files. Works great. Runcam's are good too. Small and easy to mount. When I had to mess with one helmet mounted - I just stopped doing it.

https://www.amazon.com/Mobius-Action-Camera-1080P-Sports/dp/B00DP1WYD2

·
Registered
14,243 Posts
That's why you see so many Russian dash traffic cams. They all drive/ride like A holes so they want proof.
I just got a pseudo Go Pro at Aldi for 40 bucks. It actually takes a good video.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts