StromTrooper banner

Hindsight

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  chirosyd 
#1 ·
I really enjoy my 07 Wee--so much so that I kept it--just in case the Vee2 failed to meet expectations. Really enjoy the Vee2--got it mainly for a little more power and the improved electronics-the Wee did not have ABS. Took the Vee2 in to get some farkles put on-and used the opportunity to fire up the Wee, which I had not ridden since last fall.

Thought the Vee 2 was a bit of an improvement over the Wee--but after getting back on the Wee-I realize the Vee2 is MUCH better--no way could I go back to the Wee now-there is simply no comparison. I am not trying to rationalize a purchase-for me I have two great bikes-but I am very comfortable putting the Wee on the market. It served me well-but the new big brother is a far superior ride

#2 ·
I felt the same way when the Honda 03 ST1300 came out, always thought I would still keep the old ST1100 since it was so "good" as a touring bike. Well, I really screwed up when I tried a FJR1300 in 08. The Hondas both got gone, I didn't want to test ride a C14. :green_lol:

I bet the Vee2 is a better road bike in every way, love the ABS. I don't plan on looking too close at the new bike, I've learned its hard on the bank account.

#4 ·
I paid off my Vee the other week and have been toying with the idea of buying a different bike, or just adding a second bike to the garage. I took a Glee for a test ride for the first time and I am happy to say that I was looking forward to getting back on my Vee. Not knocking the Glee, it was everything I expected being smooth and nice and pretty peppy, just not the bike for me.

The dealer then asked me if I would like to test ride the new Vee2. I declined. I knew that riding it would plant the seed for a future desire that would cost me more than I can afford. I'd rather not know what I am missing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.