StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize in advance for yet another tire thread.

I am looking for the longest lasting tire for Highway usage. My commute is 65 miles each way five days a week. My last set of Battlewings just lasted me almost 9k on the rear, with the pressure set at 35psi, but they are rather flat in the middle with lots of meat still left on the sides.

Thanks in advance.
Semper Fi

·
Registered
196 Posts
try the bridgestone battleaxe its a road tire ,I run 39 psi cold on rear and 36 psi cold front on my trailwings and have had good luck with even wear ,at 16,000 miles they will be bald and ready to change out Not past the wear bars yet !

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Bridgestone Battleax is the name for their line of at least 13 street models. The Battleax T30 is their newest that will fit our bikes, and an excellent choice. The BT-023 was its predecessor, and another good choice if available.

The Michelin Pilot Road 4 is another top choice. Some of the Metzeler ME880 are very long wearing and close enough in size to fit.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Check out the Pilot Road series for better tread life and longevity.
I got less then 5k out of my PR3 however it was some some good ones!

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,424 Posts
Check out the Pilot Road series for better tread life and longevity.

8500 miles on a rear Pilot Road/Trail 3. Proper pressure etc. $330+ for a set of these. 7800 miles on a rear Bridgestone BT 023. $220 a set. Front BT 023 feels better in turns than the Pilot Road 3's although they won't wear as long. Both good in rain.

While the Pilot Road series from Michelin is a quality tire, it is not anywhere near able to justify its premium cost just for mileage. I hope the Pilot road 4's are better.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
8500 miles on a rear Pilot Road/Trail 3. Proper pressure etc. $330+ for a set of these. 7800 miles on a rear Bridgestone BT 023. $220 a set. Front BT 023 feels better in turns than the Pilot Road 3's although they won't wear as long. Both good in rain.

While the Pilot Road series from Michelin is a quality tire, it is not anywhere near able to justify its premium cost just for mileage. I hope the Pilot road 4's are better.
Me too. I'm having one installed this week. $230 for the rear only.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I just estimated my PR3 Trail rear is just north of 9,000 miles. Center wear bars might have 2,000 miles left, if lucky. I run them hard pressure speaking. I have a PR4 non-trail waiting. The PR3 front looks new.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Unexpected surprise from my parts manager (i've know for umpteen years). He knocked another 40 off the tire! $179 for the PR4. I assume that is a deal?

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,424 Posts
$177.23

American motorcycle tire

·
Registered
1,794 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ended up with 10k miles on my Bridgestone Battlewings. I'm going to go with them again. Also ended up with two nails in my tire on Wednesday, new tires are being installed today.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts