StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and need info on the 1000 VStrom. I am thinking of getting this bike for some long trips. My question is. I am 6' and like to stretch my legs out on long rides. Has anyone mounted Highway pegs on these bikes that would allow me to stretch my legs? Thanks Al

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
yes. i have pat walsh crash bars, that have holes for foot pegs. when i got the bars, he included the pegs for $10. as it turns out, the holes are WAY too high for me, so i manufactured some adapters to put them down by the lower front of the engine. works great!

P.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you don't already have a metal skid plate, Adventure MotoStuff sells one with the option to add on Happy Trails highway pegs. I took a trip to Alaska this year and it would have been painful without those highway pegs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dan Vesel

Try Dan Vesel, he has ones that mount on a V-strom. He has a page on the VSRI recommended vendors section.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I couldn't find anything that was "stand alone", meaning that you had to buy bars or a crash pad which I didn't want. I ended up fabbing a set after a trip out to Ohio and back had my knees aching bad. A strip of 3/16x 3/4" alum on each side of the engine running from the frame bolt to the mud shield mounting bolt with a universal folding footpeg drilled into it at a height that was comfortable for me. I wrote something on it here a couple years ago.

sure made life good on the highway and total cost was 20 bucks.....

jeff

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Dan Vesel's are standalone and work with various crash bars. I have those that work around the Givis. No real complaints though the the preferred set for tall riders is chrome (not really noticeable as the have a bunch of black rubber rings for grip) and the right one always deploys after a few minutes unless I tighten so much I can't kick it down with my boot. I rode 800 miles earlier this year with my left foot propped on the peg due to a gout flare up.

·
Registered
170 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts