StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd seen some talk about adding highway pegs to the crash bars, but I couldn't turn up anything with a search.

Has anybody had success adapting a highway peg to the DL650? Is is a comfortable position or kind of awkward?

Thinking some pegs might help the knees on those long hauls.

R

·
0 Posts
Just ordered

Just ordered mine from amotosport along with a corbin canyon and a Kaoski throttle lock. I am thinking the same thing the seat does not do very well after about 200 miles. I dont like to stop until I need gas or relieve myself. I dont like to stop just to stretch my legs but sometimes U have to do what U have to do. I sure hope they work.

RR

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mounting?

How do you plan to mount the pegs? What crash bars do you have? Do you happen to have a link to the item number of the pegs you ordered?

Thanks!

R

·
0 Posts
How do you plan to mount the pegs? What crash bars do you have? Do you happen to have a link to the item number of the pegs you ordered?

Thanks!
The ones I ordered are Happy Trials and they mount to the skidplate.

RR

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
I have highway pegs on Givi bars. Simple clamp on type.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Here's some pegs I attached to my Pat Walsh Crash bar. I think the pegs were 8 bucks and an additional 5 for s/o. Took me about 10 minutes to put them on. Not perfect but they really do help on the long rides.

Peg in the extended position:

Peg in the up position:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts