StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas how to mount highway pegs without installing crash bars? I was just about to buy some Pat Walsh crash bars (nice looking design) as they seem to be the best platform for mounting highway pegs, but 2 recent posts on this db brought up the issue of reduced cornering clearance due to the integrated skid plate. I need every drop of cornering clearance I can get as I love to scream thru the twisties, so the Walsh bars are out for me.

Anybody had success mounting highway pegs? My knees would appreciate it!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the only time i grind the pat walsh skid pan is with my wife on the back,never alone,& i ride hard. it saved my engine when i took the wrong dirt road & wound up in rocks & ruts. i like the unit.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With some help from the other V-Strom forum, I have found a fellow V-Stromer who has designed and fabricated a set of highway bars/pegs that mount to the frame and do not need crash bars! They look great, the price is right, and the manufacturer is a very knowledgable fellow. I am ordering them today and will report on them after I have installed them.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wingman said:
Is there a web site for this? I would LOVE to get a set if they are nice.

Wingman
There is no website, but pictures of the set are on the Yahoo DL650 forum - go to photos/accessories/Dan Vesel and they are also on the other VStrom forum under Chassis - just look for the highway pegs thread I started. The fabricator of these forward-mounted pegs is Dan Vesel, he can be reached at 509-928-1451. I had a nice talk with him yesterday, it is obvious to me that he knows what he is doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts