StromTrooper banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on my first ride with the new Wee. 200 miles, by the time I was almost home my legs (thighs) were cramping up. I will order the Richland rick peg lowerers but I still need a way to get my legs stretched out a few times per hour.

Any suggestions welcome

·
Registered
438 Posts
Went on my first ride with the new Wee. 200 miles, by the time I was almost home my legs (thighs) were cramping up. I will order the Richland rick peg lowerers but I still need a way to get my legs stretched out a few times per hour.

Any suggestions welcome
I was going to point you toward the pat walsh system, but apparently he quit making them. Oddly enough, I thought they were his most popular product.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hiway pegs

Any suggestions welcome
Check out Dan Vesel's website from the forum. I have his hiway pegs bolted to my Suzuki OEM engine guard. Very comfy and reasonable, $75.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I was going to point you toward the pat walsh system, but apparently he quit making them. Oddly enough, I thought they were his most popular product.
i noticed that too.
that has to be one of the odder biz moves i've seen in awhile, but i'm sure they have their reasons.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I think Twisted Throttle makes a set of bolt on pegs for crash bars, if you are going to do a set, check with them to see what fits what. Cheers--BB

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you are also in the market for a bash plate then look at Vanns product from Enduro Guardian, the way his bash plate holds the highway pegs is the best I have seen. Highway pegs on the crash guard seem to be in a unatural position, where he puts the higway pegs seem to be better positioned. But with the belly pan included the total is over $350, and you have to have a crash guard to hang his bash plate on.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Try again

I believe I say highway pegs are still for sale on the Pat Walsh website, so I would consider them when making a comparison list.

·
Registered
81 Posts
and yet another option

If you are interested in highway pegs, scroll down about 2/3 or plug "HWY pegs" into your search box

http://www.stromtrooper.com/698769-post53.html

Just talked with Yann, the designer and builder, tonight for quite a while. He's very friendly and knowledgeable about many facets of motorcycling. He knows everything you want to know about his products and is more than happy to talk to you. I highly recommend you check out his stuff and consider buying from the manufacturer, right here in the USA!

BTW, I haven't bought anything from him yet, but as soon as I get my new Strom, I'm slapping on one of his skid guards and radiator guards

·
Registered
61 Posts
I went with the "total package" from Yann...skid plate, radiator guard and the highway pegs that bolt to the front of the skidplate...

Yeah, it set me back a few bucks but Yann is a true craftsman and I doubt anything less than a direct hit from a low-yield nuclear device will cause that plate any issues...needed one anyway, so being able to package stuff made to go together was nice...

6'3" with long legs and Yann's highway bar certainly fits the ticket...?

Reactions: Thomas777

·
Registered
25 Posts
I went with the "total package" from Yann...skid plate, radiator guard and the highway pegs that bolt to the front of the skidplate...

Yeah, it set me back a few bucks but Yann is a true craftsman and I doubt anything less than a direct hit from a low-yield nuclear device will cause that plate any issues...needed one anyway, so being able to package stuff made to go together was nice...

6'3" with long legs and Yann's highway bar certainly fits the ticket...?
Agree on the "low-yield nuclear device" for that skid plate. I also opted for the full package when I had his plate and found being 5'8" that it was a bit of an effort getting my legs stretched all the way out to utilize them. In the end, I wish I was a little bit taller (insert song) and now looking for a better setup that fits me.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Didja ever think about standing on the pegs occasionally? I can't imagine being comfy with my legs spayed out HD style and pounding my tail bone.
A proper seat or addition like beads or Air hawk or a seat topper from Rocky Mayer might be a more positive answer.
I've got a set of folding pegs I can't seem to give away that I got on a crash bar set. If you have a crash bar, they might mount to them for your satisfaction.
Then again maybe some folks are cruisers to their bones and the Strom is the wrong bike.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ayup...I stand on my pegs when the speeds come down through city speed zones, etc. and regularly when doing off-highway sections...

As they say, "variety is the spice of life". The folding pegs are stowed when doing any dirt sections; if I can't avoid doing some slab getting from one place to another, I fold them down. Allows for some stretching between front pegs, using the bars and even using the rear pegs a bit..keeps my legs limber enough so I don'the fall over at the next stop...

?

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
If you ever have the twisted torture chamber pleasure of sciatica pain, then highway pegs are a straight from heaven(straightening the leg is the only way to relieve it). I stand all the time, even at 70mph, but sometimes I just want to assume the lazy-boy position and not have all the other motorists on the road stare and point............

·
Registered
306 Posts
HIGHWAY PEGS-WHO MAKES THEM ? I do..

Went on my first ride with the new Wee. 200 miles, by the time I was almost home my legs (thighs) were cramping up. ...I still need a way to get my legs stretched out a few times per hour. Any suggestions welcome
There was a prior thread a couple of months back. From reading that, I realized a HIGHWAY BAR just like you. I needed to get a couple of things:
A. a pair of footpegs and
B. a "bar" to mount them on.

Various posters advised about A & B so it seemed that I should first get a pair of PEGS. From the ol' thread, I found HAPPY TRAILS and saw they had a set of EMGO universal pegs for about 5 bucks (yes $ 5.00)
Happy Trails is in Boise, Id and it so happened I was headed there for the Memorial Day Weekend. Stopped to get the pegs, they also has a BAR that I could attach the pegs to and thence, onto the VEE however, they wanted about $ 30 or so for the bar and into CANADIAN $ for my local $ made it $ 40CDN IIRC for a simple bar.. NAWW

I passed on the bar, took the pegs home. From the attached PICs, you'll see I rounded up some various metal bits from my garage: round tubing, steel bracket w/holes.
CUT the tubing to 22.5" (per other thread) squared off the round tubing so that the EMGO ends fit inside..WELDED them in.
WELDED the steel bracket to the center of the bar..

Today, I gave the thing a paint job.
There are TWO bolts that JOIN the MOTECH crashbars on my machine (centered, visible in the pics). Holes in the bracket were too big so I took a pair of bolts and matching NUTS. I WELDED the nuts right into the holes in the bracket, Fed the matching bolts thru from the back/thru the bars where they met in the center and tightened them into the new BAR set up. In like Flint.

Just for fun and because I already had them, I added two S/S Hose clamps around the Motech bars and the NEW BAR. ( I may take these back off later)
Anyway, there it is, installed this PM in a great (second) position for stretching out the legs ..the back of my boots lies across the pegs about 2-3" above the heel..perfect if I dont want to put my feet flat on the bar. That'll work...and CHEAP like dirt.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts