StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to ask if any body ever put highway pegs in their v stroms? If you did , do you have any pics and how did you do it . My bike is going to be a highway queen so i am not worried about catching branches with any external tubing hanging off the bike. Thanks Trike

·
Registered
99 Posts
I did. Kyurakyn mounts with their ISO footpegs on the Givi engine guard. Worked great, no pics tho.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m waiting on the nerf engine guards and highway pegs to be delivered from Happy-Trails I’ll let you you know when I get them on.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Installed Happy Trails pegs yesterday. Bolted to the skid plate. I wish they were a couple inches wider, but I think I'll get used to them.

·
Registered
576 Posts
foot pegs need to be able to fold up and back at a 45 degree angle. and those won't. I built some myself and put them on the engine protection bars on my Wee. no pics though.

Cheers

RLBranson

·
2015 DL650
150 Posts
I have the happy trails highway pegs, they fit on their crash bars. They do the trick, but verdict is still out if I would recommend them. I have been playing with the placement, and they have tendancy to move over time.

On my 650, I have the enduro-guardian skid plate and the highway pegs. I my opinion this was a better setup.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Do you have crash bars?

Crash bars are a great multi-purpose addition, I think: protect the plastics, mount points for aux lights, and mount points for highway pegs. My highway pegs mounted to Givi crash bars on my '15 DL650:

01 Highway Pegs Close.jpg 02 Highway Pegs Back b.jpg 03 Highway Pegs Back unfolded.jpg 04 Highway Pegs Front folded.jpg 05 Highway Pegs Front unfolded.jpg

Highly adjustable for personalized configuration. The clamp rotates on the crash bars to adjust position of the assembly as a whole. The bracket that bolts onto the clamps rotates relative to the clamp to control the angle in which they fold / unfold. And the pegs themselves rotate around their long axis to determine the position of the rubber bits.

Note:

I might use them differently than most, and definitely differently than the last frame in the Kuryakn video: I don't really use them as "foot" pegs, for bracing my feet in a forward position. I use my foot to unfold and fold them, and simply rest my lower calf (well, my boot) on them to give my knees a break and stretch my legs a bit.
And a couple more comments and links (if they're still active):

FWIW, I use and like these clamps ($17)...

...and these pegs ($24):

You can get them even cheaper by using the Make An Offer option. My clamps came with plasticky / rubbery half-rings to fit my 1" diameter Givi bars and have proven stable. The clamps + pegs combination is configurable enough to place them where I want on the bars, with my desired orientation, and fold them out of the way easily in the direction I want.

Full disclosure: I did have a problem with one of the clamps, initially. Got a replacement, and it's been fine for a long stretch, now. Given they're non-critical, I'm happy to cheap out -- I figure I can buy the eBay ones 5x-6x over before I get up to the price of the Kuryakn.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Closet rod with cork hammered into the ends and sprayed the ends with truck bed liner, attached to SW Motech guards with heavy rubber hose and worm gear hose clamps.

Work great, no slippage in 30,000 miles and the tubing is thin walled to crumple if ever in a bad situation. I even bent them slightly toward me for better fit and still no rotation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the happy trails highway pegs, they fit on their crash bars. They do the trick, but verdict is still out if I would recommend them. I have been playing with the placement, and they have tendancy to move over time.

On my 650, I have the enduro-guardian skid plate and the highway pegs. I my opinion this was a better setup. View attachment 273127
I ordered the nerf bars and highway pegs for mine. I hope they work out. Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought some cheap ones on ebay, at highway speeds on the crash bars has a lot of vibration, (small vibration in movement but its fast moving, with the rpms) I glued rubber hand guards over the top, helped a little. It is better then nothing. See if you can find one with rubber mounts, that would help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts