StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised, here's the high visibility case cover "first (and maybe only) edition." :) Took it for a trial ride today - sure shows up! Slips on and off easily, packs away easily, does fine in the wind (and believe me, it was windy today with 50mph gusts coming from all directions during the ride) and should be fine in the rain as well. My riding partner made it out of high visibility construction vest material but we've since found both the mesh and reflective fabric so that it isn't so much work (for her, not me) to piece things together from the vest pattern. Draw string and toggle tightens it up on the lower area, keeping it snug over the case. Anyway, shows up great day or night, and that's the purpose. Yea! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Very cool! I like the idea and I like the results. Quite visible... :thumbup:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just put a couple strips of that 3M ultra-reflective tape on my top case. It lights up like christmas if you shine a light at it, but in the daylight it just looks black. Also put a strip on either side of the swingarm and the frame below the fuel tank. Baby steps?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just put a couple strips of that 3M ultra-reflective tape on my top case. It lights up like christmas if you shine a light at it, but in the daylight it just looks black. Also put a strip on either side of the swingarm and the frame below the fuel tank. Baby steps?
Every bit helps! :) I don't ride often at night so wanted something that was going to show up nice and bright all the time during the day as well. I wear the high visibility vest pretty often but I figured the top case cover would show up even better from the back.

Cheers and here's to being visible! m

1 - 4 of 4 Posts