StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to this forum and am currently looking for a 650 or a 1000 and have found a 1000 with 140,000 kms, he wants 3500, this is way too much for this high i think, if I can get this bike for the right price is 140k too high to consider this Strom?

·
Administrator
17,222 Posts
I only know miles, not kms.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It works out to be around 87,000 miles, miles still mean more to me even though we are on the metric system

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
That is less than halfway through its typical useful engine life. Don't be put off longevity wise if it has a good maintenance history. The going price is a different story. See how it compares in condition and price with other bikes.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I think the price sounds a bit high ... at least based on what I see things for around here. On the other hand, as long as it has been maintained I wouldn't worry about the mileage.

Value is very, very "locale" biased. Thus I do't have a feel for your local resale prices.

Good luck.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's an 03, I don't know what options, I found a 08 with full bags, h grips etc with 10,000kms for $6300, a 07 650 bags, h grips, guards, skid plate $5800
there are some 06's listed also with nothing for around $4000

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I had my 07 with 35,000 miles,3 GIVI boxes,Rick Mayer seat,headlight guard,almost new chain/sprockets and GIVI crashbars for sale last summer for $3,700 and had no takers.So $3,500 for this bike sounds high to me !!.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I had my 07 with 35,000 miles,3 GIVI boxes,Rick Mayer seat,headlight guard,almost new chain/sprockets and GIVI crashbars for sale last summer for $3,700 and had no takers.So $3,500 for this bike sounds high to me !!.

hard to Compare to pricing on Vancouver Island.... but do not let the high km's deter you, this bike will easily go twice that number...

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
It's only about 200 miles south!!.hehe

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
The engine will be fine -- the shock is the biggest potential expense.

If it still has the original rear shock, it's completely roached. Plan on a Sasquatch rebuild or replacement ASAP.

If it has an upgraded shock in good shape, great. Even better if it's a type that is rebuildable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts