StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be buying the Digital Slim H4-3(9003) Bi-Xenon HID Conversion Kit from VVME.COM tomorrow. Digital Slim H4-3(9003) Bi-Xenon HID Conversion Kit Wholesale Digital Slim H4-3(9003) Bi-Xenon HID Kit HID Conversion Kits Car Lights HID Xenon Car Headlights Bulbs Ballasts at competitive prices [VVME-HKB93-DSL] - $52.99 : VVME.COM, Tattoo Kit, Xeno
I wanted to add an on/off switch to the left Lo beam light so I can cut it off for heated gear during the day to save another 35watts.
Can anyone point me to a place to buy a handlebar mounted Lo beam switch. Only ones I find are like 50.00 and for 42.00 I can buy a relay kit plus switch from Eastern beaver so I know good ones can't be that expensive.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All look like good options. But a clean/professional look would cost about 30-40 for a cut off switch. In doing some more research I came across the Autoswitch. Autoswitch Model AS7

Has anyone else used this on their vstrom? Looks like other than garage door controller its used for aux lighting but thinking I could use it to cut off the power to one of the two headlights. Thinkings the controller could be the passing light switch being I don't use that too offen. Its about the same price as a generic handlebar switch but conpletely seamless.

Looking for thoughts and some cons I am missing.

·
38,048 Posts
It's $25 for the Autoswitch and it still needs a relay as it won't handle the headlight current by itself.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Greywolf, forgot to meantion the relay. Have a few from the air horn installs I did on my bike and my wifes bike.
Have you ever used an autoswitch and would the passing light work as the controller?

·
38,048 Posts
I've never used one. Based on the diagram though, it should work. The yellow wire even attaches to a yellow wire on the bike. The red wire goes to either a brown wire or an orange wire with a green stripe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts