StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago, I began accumulating parts to do a major rehab of my '06 Wee. One project is to convert to HID headlights. I bought a kit from HID Nation that is a Xenon lo-beam/halogen-hi. Wish I would have opted for a bi-xenon instead. I opted for the digital ballast with my kit and here is where I am having issues. This kit appears to be a good quality one, but it is VERY bulky and I am having trouble trying to get all of the components inside the area where the headlight are mounted. The original H4 halogens had no ballasts so they take up very little room, but this kit is driving me nuts trying to get it mounted so that it doesn't interfere with the steering. I thought I was being slick by mounting the ballasts to the side of the steering tube but they are a tad thick which causes the fork tube to hit them on the left side. Nice kit but mounting will take planning and beau coup patience. I'll get it eventually.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I would have seen that thread earlier. That is what I need to do. I have been doing a major maintenance project on my '06 Wee and have nearly finished putting it back together and should finish tomorrow. I am SOOOOO ready to ride now.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont do HID go with LED much better.

After my experience with the HID, I've acquired the LED kit. I'll install it when I get the motivation. I DO like the smaller ballast units as they should fit better. One of the HID ballast units that I mounted on the left side of the steering tube interferes with turning full tilt to the left. Unacceptable.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah I have always used Hid's works fine but something always go out on me now i have switched to LED bulb wow no messing with big ballast or Bi xenon setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts