StromTrooper banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Just signed up and thought I'd make an introduction.

I'm Scott. I live in Los Angeles. I'm 31, and have been riding for about 10 years now, mostly sportbikes, but have spent a decent amount of time on other bikes borrowed from friends.

I've currently got a 2009 R1, 2003 R6 and 2005 R6 - the last one being dedicated for track use. I've also owned a 1992 Katana 750 (my first bike, a ludicrous purchase) and a 1994 VFR.

At this point you may be asking what the hell I'm doing here if I've got nothing but sportbikes... Well, I just so happen to work for an awesome company, where after 7 years of service, I get a 7-week paid sabbatical. My buddy and I have been trying to put together a cross country bike trip since we graduated college and now is pretty much the perfect opportunity for both of us. And I don't really want to do that many miles on a crotch rocket.

My buddy's got a 1995 BMW GS, and I've been oogling adventure-tourers trying to find something that'll work for the trip, and fit in my price range, and the 'Strom seems like it'll be a perfect fit.

I'm looking for something with good ergos and fuel mileage that I can throw some luggage on, and will be able to handle the occasional dirt or gravel road if we need to camp. And can be had used in decent condition for $5k or so.

Cliff notes:
- Need bike for cross-country trip
- V-Strom seems like it fits the bill
- Hi!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts