StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Thx for letting me in! Long-time rider (mx, off-road, road - have thinned herd down to two: '16 Husky TE300, '08 GL1800 Airbag). Will be picking up a new 2020 orange/white 1050XT shortly. Very excited as I'm a long time Suzuki loyalist (started on '72 TS90, raced '76 RM250, had beautiful '83 GS1100E, '98 GSF1200 Bandit, now the Strom. I love to listen to music through headphones when street riding. The 1050 with an aftermarket silencer sounds nice. I like the sound of the Akro best from what I can tell on-line. Can anyone who actually has an Akro on their 1050 tell me: 1) if it drones on the highway, and 2) is it too loud to listen to music at normal levels? Many thanks, will post a pic of new scooter when it arrives.

·
Registered
2020 Orange and White 1050xt
72 Posts
Welcome from a former TS185 owner (first bike back in’78)! I listen to music while riding also. I find the stock exhaust to be minimally intrusive. Ok, it looks like a canister vacuum cleaner but sounds alright. Why the rush to put an aftermarket exhaust on?

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I'd also say if you like the music, keep the "quiet" stock exhaust (y) ...I don't think there is any gain to install Akra pipes on Vstrom, it's designed more for high performance racing machines

Reactions: Sladep

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome from a former TS185 owner (first bike back in’78)! I listen to music while riding also. I find the stock exhaust to be minimally intrusive. Ok, it looks like a canister vacuum cleaner but sounds alright. Why the rush to put an aftermarket exhaust on?
Good advice, was planning to ride it stock to see how satisfying the sound is. Have listened to 1050XT with a nice silencer and the sound suited me and my tastes - deeper but not loud or much louder.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Aka
Hi Guys,
Thx for letting me in! Long-time rider (mx, off-road, road - have thinned herd down to two: '16 Husky TE300, '08 GL1800 Airbag). Will be picking up a new 2020 orange/white 1050XT shortly. Very excited as I'm a long time Suzuki loyalist (started on '72 TS90, raced '76 RM250, had beautiful '83 GS1100E, '98 GSF1200 Bandit, now the Strom. I love to listen to music through headphones when street riding. The 1050 with an aftermarket silencer sounds nice. I like the sound of the Akro best from what I can tell on-line. Can anyone who actually has an Akro on their 1050 tell me: 1) if it drones on the highway, and 2) is it too loud to listen to music at normal levels? Many thanks, will post a pic of new scooter when it arrives.
Akrapovic exhaust are super nice and sound great. They are heavyish, relatively quiet (compared to others) and probably won't offer you any performance gains. Suggestion, if you enjoy listening to music, maybe stick with the with the stock exhaust(?). It's quiet and tuned for the bike.

But if exhaust you must... Akrapovic or Leo Vince LV12 are good choices.

I just recently installed the LV12 on a 2018 1000, no highway drone. It's actually pretty humane and easy to live with. But, I was so tempted by the Akrapovic, it's such a nice product.

Congrats on the 1050!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Stromemanuel,
I wanted to come back after having gotten to ride my new bike and tell you what good advice you gave. I love the slight booming tone of the stock silencer under decel, and the motor has an awesome induction sound. It would be a shame to lose that by putting on a loud silencer. Thanks for your steer on that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts