StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Ron, I just got my M1 license earlier last month, and I'm currently saving my pennies and working a lot of hours so I can get a bike. Right now, I'm thinking it's going to be a Wee. I've checked them out on the showroom floor and read about them online, and browsed your forum here a little bit as well.

I was considering the dual sport option, but every once in a while I take a trip down to Santa Barbara, about 350 miles south of San Francisco. If I never left the city, I would probably just go for a DR650 or a KLR650, but the Stroms sound like decent bikes for longer range trips. And, normally when I'm in Santa Barbara, I go up to the mountains and go camping which entails a good portion of dirt road. I don't have much for a commute. The first job is about six miles, and I might be leaving that place soon. I just got a second job with Trader Joe's and it's less than a 10 minute walk.

Anyway, that's about all I have for now. If you guys have any advice for a noobie, I would love to hear it. Thanks

·
Registered
373 Posts
Howdy,

I did the '08 KLR thing for a year, it was fun until I rode a V-Strom 1000 then the KLR was like riding a tractor :( not much fun after that.

I sure am loving the Strom :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Howdy,

I did the '08 KLR thing for a year, it was fun until I rode a V-Strom 1000 then the KLR was like riding a tractor :( not much fun after that.

I sure am loving the Strom :mrgreen:
Yep...I did the same...no comparison :cool:
Sounds like a Wee would be your best bet....now continue reading :D
You have Vee Wee talk....accessories...tires....adjustment...mods....tweaks...and on and on...enjoy;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had both a KLR and a Wee at the same time, the Wee is still around and I said goodbye to the KLR. The KLR was fun, but for the highway miles the Wee is by far my favorite bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts