StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I did the intro thing in the main area but thought I should say hi here too.
I now have a white 2012 :hurray: traded in the GS500.
Had the bike 2 weeks and love it.
I've done a 3 day trip already and hope to do more.
Look forward to meeting fellow strommers.

Cheers gotawee

·
Registered
808 Posts
Awesome

Great to have you along. Brand newie huh! The extended rides on these Stroms are great. No doubt we will catch up soon. Dont forget Bingara in March, the annual roundup.

Cheers
Trevor

·
Registered
55 Posts
Congratulations on getting a wee good to see the brisbane contingent starting to build up.
Wasnt the gs500 a great bike to start on i had mine for 2 years before trading up on a 2011 Wee .
Welcome and may see you in Bingara in march should be alot of stroms rolling up fro a drink and a chat.

cheers Paul

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Same as everybody else welcome. We had a new Wee on the ride we did a few weeks ago with Chef Gareth. Everybody who rode it was impressed.:thumbup:

·
Registered
924 Posts
Welcome along!
Since we lost Becsta to the KLR ranks we haven't had too many girls in the ranks. Haven't seen Sandy for a while and Goody is too far south.
Bingara's on the last weekend in March if you need to get your rec leave application in. These annual get togethers are great fun so try not to miss this one. See you there!

·
Registered
608 Posts
G'day gotawee,

Welcome aboard. Interesting name you've picked. I often feel that way an hour or so after a couple coffees.

Anyhoo, there's a ride coming up Feb 4-5, overnighter to Glen Innes. Details HERE.

Catch you on the road sometime soon,

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome everyone

The gs500 was a great bike to learn on and I did one big trip on her to Tassie and back via snowy mtns 6months after getting licence on my own.
It was great would like to do it again sometime.

But for the last 2 yrs I started to get really uncomfortable riding her so 2yrs ago I started researching for a new bike and I kept coming back to the strom so when I heard the new slightly lighter one was coming and other things fell into place I decided to just do it and buy one with all the farkles.

After riding it I'm glad I did and wished I could have done it sooner.
I thought gotawee was funny it means I finally got a wee :hurray:

I will see if I can get time off for Bingara would be good to go.
I think I could ride there in a day.

Well I've rambled on enough, new to all this.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi gotawee,
Just saying 'hello' and I'm over here too! though I couldn't get this spelling over on VSRI. Glad you're still enjoying your new beauty, I'm still loving mine :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
welcome aboard, you'll love the wee and there's a a lot of troopers up your way to hook up with for rides :thumbup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome to another Brisbanite...Gotawee sounds like a bladder problem..

I live in the finer area to the West where more Brisbaners are moving to ..Ipswich ..to get away from the rattiness of the city ..

Later in the year I would like to get you all together for a spin around my territory ..maybe up to Queen Mary Falls ..
some sweet roads up that way..

a bit of dirt and some mystery roads not many know of ...White swamp etc...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys

Hi again Austrom.

Mythbuster I assure you I don't have a bladder problem :green_lol:
I'm also western suburbs did a ride to queen Mary falls on my gs500 a couple of months ago very nice ride no dirt though haven't done dirt apart from 2weeks ago on new bike accidently mt Lindsey rd ran out of tar for a few K's :jawdrop:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Back after a break!

Hi Everyone, I haven't been on this site for a long time, I hoping that in the next few months to catch up with other VStrom owners for a day ride from north of Brisbane.

On another note, my 2006 DL650 has now done 70,000kms, and going WELL!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts