StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the Strom thing. I have 4 other bikes, all Hondas. I have to say, my new (to me) 07 wee is one sweet bike. I have noticed that several members here also have VFRs. I have a '83 VF750F Interceptor and to complete the set, a '07 RWB 25th Anniv VFR Interceptor. There is something about the V-Strom that really appeals to us VFR guys. :thumbup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a VFR-750 a few years ago. I think it was a 1995 model. The Vee is way more fun, and comfortable.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Do you have an ST-1300? If so, how do the ergonomics compare?
I don't have an ST. Would love to add one to my collection, but they are a little pricey. They sure do look comfy. My VFR is a lot more "sporty" as far as the ergos go. It is listed as a Sport-Tourer but it leans more to the Sport side. The V-Tec on the VFR is waaaaayy cool. Like a shot of moonshine!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Welcome aboard. I recognized the name from VFR World. Not sure what it is about the V-Strom and VFR but they do compliment each other quite well. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I don't have an ST. Would love to add one to my collection, but they are a little pricey. They sure do look comfy. My VFR is a lot more "sporty" as far as the ergos go. It is listed as a Sport-Tourer but it leans more to the Sport side. The V-Tec on the VFR is waaaaayy cool. Like a shot of moonshine!!!!
Yeah, it seems that the VFR is more sport than touring, and the ST is more touring than sport. Both are pretty sweet bikes.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info about the Stroms in these pages. Enjoy the Wee, it's a great bike.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just ordered the madstad bracket to hopefully keep my head from feeling like it's been in a paint shaker. I have adjusted it every way I can think of, including the "4th" position and everything in between. Kicking it out at the bottom seemed to help the most. I am looking forward to putting tons of miles on this thing. Looks like the info here will be tons of help in making the wee all it can be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts