StromTrooper banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, I was riding home from work on my 2006 DL650, and was flipping between HI +LO beams, as traffic warranted. By accident, as I pressed the switch to go to my HI beam, it landed between the two settings, and both my HI+LO beam lamps were blazing. The increase in lighting output was a bit startling, but awesome! I only left it on that way for a few seconds, since I was worried I'd fry the wiring, or blow a fuze, etc. That said, I have installed the Eastern Beaver headlight relay kit, which bypasses the delicate lighting circuit that runs thru the bike's controls wiring. My question is, could I do any damage to my bike's charging system, wiring, battery or even my Eastern Beaver relay setup by running both HI + Lo beams simultaneously? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Well ain't that somethin. I doubt any harm could be done as a fuse would blow before anything. I'm pretty sure you could create some type of switch to allow both to run together. Ask Greywolf. He knows a thing or two about electricity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.