StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been riding in 16 years. Started with an '82 yamaha 650 maxim (my 19yo son now rides as his learning bike). Then went on to a Yamaha "97 yzf600R. Just bought myself a 2002 DL1000, never rode anything quite this size but can't wait to get it registered and on the road. I live in Western MA. Glad to be a part of this community.

·
Super Moderator
5,177 Posts
Welcome, Ario. There's a wealth of information on your new bike here, and occasionally some good-natured bantering as well.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome, I had your Maxim bracketed, with 550 and 750 Secas. Yay for Yamaha air-cooled fours! Although I don't miss those soft races Yamaha used in the steering-head bearings.

Hope you enjoy your 'strom, I've hardly ridden mine, because the damn rain has barely let up since I got it. Can't last forever...can it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Ya Ario and Welcome!!!

I had a 1985 Maxim X. Great solid bike.

My son just got the Maxim inspected today. He's ready to ride. I loved that bike. Now have to get the DL1000 inspected. Can't wait to get out there again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome, I had your Maxim bracketed, with 550 and 750 Secas. Yay for Yamaha air-cooled fours! Although I don't miss those soft races Yamaha used in the steering-head bearings.

Hope you enjoy your 'strom, I've hardly ridden mine, because the damn rain has barely let up since I got it. Can't last forever...can it?
Suppose to rain here for the next 4 days. :crying2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts