StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on a fantastic trip to Lake Placid last weekend. The one weird thing that I noticed on some of the northern highways are cobalt blue three sided plastic lanterns of some kind. They are hanging from the trees every few miles or so. What the heck are they? My guess as I was riding around is that they could be traps for those bastard Japanese beetle bugs or some other scientific research.

·
Registered
18 Posts
traps?

i was camping up on indian lake this past week and seen the same things so i had to read there signs that said '' do not disturb'' some type of survey on the ash trees in the adirondacks because there not around c.n.y. area at all.

·
Registered
981 Posts
We use them here in Michigan too. We also have a variation used for distinguishing locals from tourists :D

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We use them here in Michigan too. We also have a variation used for distinguishing locals from tourists :D
Hey, I was also just in Grand Rapids three weeks ago. I have relatives in Traverse City, GR, and the tri-city area. (Otsego, Plainwell and Martin!) We really enjoyed the zoo in GR, what a great piece of property right in town :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts