Strom Trooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hmmmmm
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why not create a stock fuse block that has 3 or 4 spare positions? Just seems odd to me that something so simple to do is left to aftermarket products. It seems to me that around 75% of Strom owners add some type of farkel that is going to require power. Why not just make it a little easier and do it at the factory. These bikes been out a few years now, you see what the trends are. Not a rant but more of an observation, ok a question:D:D:D:D:D

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
It's an extra expense most riders will never use. I think 75% of this forum's participants may use extra electrical farkles but the percentage of total Strom buyers who do would be way lower. The electrical roadblock is the total output. Going from 375W to 400W in 2008 is a step in the right direction. I really prefer the idea of a low cost basic design that individuals can customize to their liking. If there's a common farkle that ought to go OEM, my vote would be for the Madstad windscreen bracket.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Even my GL1800 did not have aux power. I went straight to the batter with my Gerbings and put a EC cig lighter plug in my fairing pocket for cell phone and tied the GPS into that too.

Since the Wee us "under powered" in the electrical category, my GPS will be relegated to battery power with recharges in the evenings if I travel. Fuse block would be nice, but I am not going to tech up the Strom like I tended to do with the Goldwing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts