StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No , Not like that one up there ,^^^, that appears frozen in 2009 , and only references birthdays . I'd like to see one for rally dates , and a link to the appropriate thread ; ie , May 1-3 , Romney , West Virginia (link), May 1 ,Ontario spring ride (link) , and so on , so that someone who A) likes to go to rallies , and B) has a memory like a sieve , can see at a glance that he (or I ) cannot commit to two rallies at the same time .:headbang:

Please ?

Regards , Alex .

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
I have neither the knowledge nor the inclination. I don't know about the other guys.

·
Registered
14,237 Posts
I use a desk calender for my rally planning. I doubt the whole of the forum would care where I plan to ride.
Besides, they might miss an event and someones' feelings might get hurt.

·
Ex- moderator
1,131 Posts
This could easily get out of control...What size events would be on the calendar?..What geographic area(s) would the the calendar cover?
What events would be on the calendar - Vstrom only?..or events like Americade?
Everyone who has an email address has a calendar associated with that email program..may I suggest that it be left to the individual to enter events on their own calendars as they see fit.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
I can see it if it's open to everybody, like a wiki. I don't think anyone is likely to sabotage it. I wouldn't want mods solely responsible as it would be a lot more work.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
We have that feature on one of our local forums. Calendar | South Bay Riders
It could get too crowded for a forum of this size even if allocated to events only but looking at the event section, maybe not. It does come in handy though, more so on forums like this where post editing is not available after a short period of time and the event section gets clogged with multiple threads regarding the same event.

·
Super Moderator
4,480 Posts
This could easily get out of control...What size events would be on the calendar?..What geographic area(s) would the the calendar cover?
What events would be on the calendar - Vstrom only?..or events like Americade?
Everyone who has an email address has a calendar associated with that email program..may I suggest that it be left to the individual to enter events on their own calendars as they see fit.
This is is an international forum so would the calendar cover all or just the USA?

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
No , Not like that one up there ,^^^, that appears frozen in 2009 , and only references birthdays . I'd like to see one for rally dates , and a link to the appropriate thread ; ie , May 1-3 , Romney , West Virginia (link), May 1 ,Ontario spring ride (link) , and so on , so that someone who A) likes to go to rallies , and B) has a memory like a sieve , can see at a glance that he (or I ) cannot commit to two rallies at the same time .:headbang:

Please ?

Regards , Alex .
Alex,
I didn't know your simple post would generate such responses. Personally, I really like the idea for the reasons you mentioned. I say yes to a simple calender for events, with links to the specific threads. I understand that none of the moderators want additional work. Could someone computer saavy set up a simple calender? It would sure make setting up and sharing events easier.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts