StromTrooper banner
1401 - 1420 of 1425 Posts

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I believe that it was black 1050 on The Grange SDRD around 4.30 and another orange Wee (or maybe the same on 15 later on Airport Rd halfway between Hockley Valley Rd. And Hwy 9.

·
Administrator
14,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,404 ·
Saw a newer generation Strom (I think DL650) in Coleman Alberta. You were eastbound in 4, I was westbound on my orange DL1050.

..Tom

·
Administrator
14,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,406 ·
On Weds July 14th I saw three or four Stroms at separate times on BC hwy 4. They were heading east away from Tofino. Only colour I recall was a first gen twin headlight yellow one.

I was westbound on my orange/white 2020 DL1050.

..Tom

·
Administrator
14,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,407 ·
I saw a Stroms about 10 times today in a loop from Courtney BC to Victoria to Port Renfrew to Lake Cowichan and back to Courtney. I saw what was probably the same yellow one as yesterday and I think a Black one twice.

Some amazing riding out here!

..Tom

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I saw a Stroms about 10 times today in a loop from Courtney BC to Victoria to Port Renfrew to Lake Cowichan and back to Courtney. I saw what was probably the same yellow one as yesterday and I think a Black one twice.

Some amazing riding out here!

..Tom
Awesome Tom! Happy to see you are out there.

How long are you staying out there exploring for?

·
Administrator
14,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,409 ·
Awesome Tom! Happy to see you are out there.

How long are you staying out there exploring for?
I've been spending a lot of time with family. Just starting to work my way back. Right now I'm back at my sister and hubby's boat at Summerland. Tomorrow (Sunday) should be back at my daughter's in Calgary. Not sure how long I'll be there.

..Tom

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I've been spending a lot of time with family. Just starting to work my way back. Right now I'm back at my sister and hubby's boat at Summerland. Tomorrow (Sunday) should be back at my daughter's in Calgary. Not sure how long I'll be there.

..Tom
Hi Tom. Good to see you doing well. How is the weather out there so far? Any obstacles because of the wildfires in BC?

·
Administrator
14,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,411 ·
Hi Tom. Good to see you doing well. How is the weather out there so far? Any obstacles because of the wildfires in BC?
I'm back in Calgary.

Almost all of my travel through BC has been affected by the wildfires as they closed highways.

I was going to head back from the island to Calgary via Sea to Sky Highway, Duffy Lake Road etc but they closed highway 1 ( the Trans Canada) making heading that way not practical.

I saw three small fires yestereay and almost all of my route had smoke blocking much of the view of the mountains.

It's overcast here in Calgary. I think mainly because of the smoke.

..Tom

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I'm back in Calgary.

Almost all of my travel through BC has been affected by the wildfires as they closed highways.

I was going to head back from the island to Calgary via Sea to Sky Highway, Duffy Lake Road etc but they closed highway 1 ( the Trans Canada) making heading that way not practical.

I saw three small fires yestereay and almost all of my route had smoke blocking much of the view of the mountains.

It's overcast here in Calgary. I think mainly because of the smoke.

..Tom
It doesn't look good. I'm planning to be in BC second half of August...

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
It doesn't look good. I'm planning to be in BC second half of August...
This is how bad the smoke was last year when I was there, and this smoke was from the fires in Washington!
Riding in this for days on end gave me a pretty bad sore throat, but it was much better once I put on my Covid facemask while riding.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
This is how bad the smoke was last year when I was there, and this smoke was from the fires in Washington!
Riding in this for days on end gave me a pretty bad sore throat, but it was much better once I put on my Covid facemask while riding.
Definitely it doesn’t look like fun.

·
Administrator
14,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,415 ·
I've read only the operating room quality masks (n90?) Are good enough to filter out the smoke particles.

BC is under a state of emergency. If things continue I wouldn't go there.

It's bad.

..Tom

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Some like 7 or 8 V Stroms couple of days ago when on my 500 km route from Ottawa to La Maurice National Park, QC. Most of them Wee but also 2 Vee and couple of Wee2. Today Vee2 on Calabogie Rd around 2 o’clock and white Wee2 in Hockley Village around 7.

·
Registered
353 Posts
That white Wee2 may have been me. Were you standing by your bike at the Hockley store, Wee came south from Loretto and made the right onto Hockley road.

·
Registered
104 Posts
@Rick, I was on my way back from a 4 day trip and on the road from La Tuque pass the Mauricie NP on my way to Mtl all via back-roads on Saturday. Black Glee with Givi side cases and Drybag on tail.

1401 - 1420 of 1425 Posts