StromTrooper banner

1321 - 1340 of 1349 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Another day of riding (only 350km this time) and more V Stroms. Orange Wee2 at the intersection of Eglinton & 10th Line in Mississauga. 10.30 in the morning. About 2 hours later black Vee and blue Wee3 parked in Hockley Village in front of the General Store. Few minutes later white Wee3 on the intersection there going South. Around 1.30 white Wee3 going South on Prince of Wales. Half of an hour later black Wee3 (I think) on River Rd. Another half of an hour later or so couple on Yellow Vee3 on Airport Rd. going South again. Perhaps 3.30 grey Vee Airport Rd. and 10th Side Rd. And finally white Wee2 in Belfountain around 4.30. So it seems like 9 in total today. My riding buddy's Vee2 would be 10th. one. 4 Wee3 though. I was on FJ09 (and saw only another 2 of them).

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Wilno Tavern, Wilno ON, Sunday, November 8th, around noon - 2016 grey wee. Chatted with the guy, told him about Stromtroopers, and he went on his way.

Pioneer Gas, Carleton Place ON, November 7th, around 10am - 2019 Wee, black/silver, Jean Claude (I think) was his name. We chatted each other up while pumping gas. I told him about this forum also.

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
WestPort ON, Friday, November 6th - Blue wee (gen1) - Driving down main near Tangled Cafe. Waved, got a wave back and a smile! Love Stromtroopers!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Only 2 today. First grey Wee2 XT in Hockley Village. We rode with Paul (the owner) from there to Terra Nova. The second red Wee2 on River Rd around 2.30. At that point there was 4 of us: FJ09, Triumph Tiger 800, Tenere 700 (5th day on the road) and mentioned above Wee2.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I took her out today for 3 hours (200km) of backroads ride and I didn't see one V Strom and to my surprise not even one bike in fact. And it was 10C...

·
Administrator
13,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,327
I took her out today for 3 hours (200km) of backroads ride and I didn't see one V Strom and to my surprise not even one bike in fact. And it was 10C...
There aren't a lot of bikes out nowadays. I have done day rides over he last month or two where I have ridden 400 to 600km km and usually not seen another bike. If I do see another bike there is a strong likelihood of it being a Harley.

..Tom

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
There aren't a lot of bikes out nowadays. I have done day rides over he last month or two where I have ridden 400 to 600km km and usually not seen another bike. If I do see another bike there is a strong likelihood of it being a Harley.

..Tom
As you can see above just the opposite in my area. I've seen many bikes and surprisingly many V Stroms in the last month or two. Let see how it is going to be tomorrow.

·
Registered
2019 DL1000A
70 Posts
Hey, V Tom!

I saw you today on Bloomington!
I knew it was you, because of the big square top box; and who-the-hell else would be riding a bike on a day like this? ha ha
Did you like all the sand I dumped on the road for you?
It was better than all the snow I scraped off!
I was watching for you all afternoon. I would have waved, but you zipped by me at the most inopportune moment. I was preoccupied with a maneuver, and I just noticed when you were beside me.
Cheers!

·
Administrator
13,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,330
Hey, V Tom!

I saw you today on Bloomington!
I knew it was you, because of the big square top box; and who-the-hell else would be riding a bike on a day like this? ha ha
Did you like all the sand I dumped on the road for you?
It was better than all the snow I scraped off!
I was watching for you all afternoon. I would have waved, but you zipped by me at the most inopportune moment. I was preoccupied with a maneuver, and I just noticed when you were beside me.
Cheers!
Yeah that definately was me! I was flight out a bit I checked all the weather but didn't think about the 50 kph gusts drifting snow accross the roads. :(

I was going to ask you how it was later in the day as 511 and Durham's sites only showed snow from10:10 am. No updates after that.

Thanks for keeping the roads as good as you could!

..Tom

·
Registered
2019 DL1000A
70 Posts
We started pushing back drifts at 9PM the night before. Shut down at 9 tonight.
Bloomington was the WORST road in the Region for drifting.
Looks like you're good for tomorrow!
Ride safely!

·
Administrator
13,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,332
We started pushing back drifts at 9PM the night before. Shut down at 9 tonight.
Bloomington was the WORST road in the Region for drifting.
Looks like you're good for tomorrow!
Ride safely!
Will be stuck at home doing 7 hours of online training so prob no riding for a bit. :(

..Tom

·
Registered
340 Posts
Will be stuck at home doing 7 hours of online training so prob no riding for a bit. :(

..Tom
hope you got out, it was a beautiful day for a ride.

didn't see another bike but maybe everyone was just following the rules...

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
And another one at the intersection of Airport Rd. & Hockley Valley Rd around 3pm. This time black Wee3 (the beauty or the beast?). Beata by any chance?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Almost 600 km yesterday and no single V Strom. Only 150 today and 3 of them. First khaki Vee 2 around 4 o’clock on Lower Base Line W. going East. About hour later orange Wee on Trafalgar Rd. about 1 km South of Hwy.7 and finally around 5.30 silver Wee parked in Belfountain. This time I was riding my dark blue FJ09.

1321 - 1340 of 1349 Posts