StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Wee and I'd like a little taller seat,but I dont want to be without my bike while I ship it.Any short legged V guys out there?
TTYL
Steve

·
Administrator
13,379 Posts
I can't help with your direct request, but if you are going to ship your seat and want one to use in the meanwhile you are welcome to borrow my stock (650) seat. I have a Corbin now so the brackets are removed and you would need to use your brackets to use on my seat.

We are a bit of a ways away so the logistics might not be the easiest.

..Tom

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have a 2007 Wee and I'd like a little taller seat,but I dont want to be without my bike while I ship it.Any short legged V guys out there?
TTYL
Steve
I've never described myself as a "short legged V guy", but I would be interested in swapping my 2005 DL1000 seat for a DL650's. (I have a 32" inseam, and would like to have my foot touch down further). Maybe we could meet up (on a group ride), or half way between Wiarton and Cambridge sometime?

Regards; John

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Hey Tom, I didn't know you had a spare seat. Maybe we can work a Genmar riser - stock seat deal of some sort?

I can't help with your direct request, but if you are going to ship your seat and want one to use in the meanwhile you are welcome to borrow my stock (650) seat. I have a Corbin now so the brackets are removed and you would need to use your brackets to use on my seat.

We are a bit of a ways away so the logistics might not be the easiest.

..Tom

·
Administrator
13,379 Posts
It's a funny thing with the Corbin.. when I am riding it feels comfy but not amazingly so; but after spending 8 or 10 hours in the saddle my butt is fine. Maybe I need to put the stock seat back on to remind me how bad it was for me.. by an hour of riding I was seriously squirming.

I think the reality is that I just can't sit in one position for a long time no matter what, so the fact that I can survive a day of riding with the Corbin is a great improvement for me.

..Tom

John,PM sent.
Thanks for the offer Vtom!
How do you like the Corbin?

·
Registered
278 Posts
too bad, i just gave my stock 1000 seat to a buddy who wants to tinker with adding foam to it. the corbin is so good, even though it feels hard, that i haven't even used my alaska butt pad except for one trip. it didn't work to well just because i like to move around on my seat, including standing up when going through small towns, and the pad would flip up.
mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts