1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
17,256 Posts
Really????????

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
If you were wondering... Brian was being "wee bit" sarcastic.... there has already been several posts for the last couple of days on the new V-strom....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you were wondering... Brian was being "wee bit" sarcastic.... there has already been several posts for the last couple of days on the new V-strom....
with pictures? MD didn't get 'em till this morning. And Big B is a Big D anyhow.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Really????????
Ah, dated the 21st.....crap, thought I had a "scoop". hadn't been here lately, can't live on the forum, I have a life. So sorry Big B. well at least you chose to keep your smart mouth fairly well contained. You're getting to be such a BIG boy!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Administrator
17,256 Posts
Ah, dated the 21st.....crap, thought I had a "scoop". hadn't been here lately, can't live on the forum, I have a life. So sorry Big B. well at least you chose to keep your smart mouth fairly well contained. You're getting to be such a BIG boy!
Im trying hard to be more grown up.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Anyone know what the Alternator output is?

·
Registered
297 Posts
It looks ok, I prefer the current look. The bike stands out more from the other bikes out there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I know you would expect to hear this from someone who picked up a 2011 model this week, but I am very happy I have the current design. I would appreciate the gear indicator (I keep looking for 7th), but those fins at the front are a turn-off.

So, the 2012 weighs 13 pounds less than the 2011 and earlier bikes. Do you think the comparison is between fully fueled machines, because if so, having a 2 litre smaller fuel tank would give you a weight savings of just over 3 lbs in fuel alone, and you'd think the smaller tank would use a little less steel, perhaps saving some weight there too. Not exactly a truly fair comparison. They could have shaved another 25 lbs off if they gave it a 5 litre tank.

·
Registered
628 Posts
IMO, what Suzuki has done makes a lot of sense -- essentially following the Kawa KLR-650 lead -- with a minor face lift to an existing platform. They retain much of the existing tooling, minimal engineering effort required, minimum changes to the running gear, possibly no impact on emissions certification, a slightly new product without a huge outlay of capital.

Would I trade in my '09 ABS in on one? No. But these changes to update the appearance might get some "fence sitters" into the dealers with money in their hands.

I'm still of the opinion that if Suzuki is going to spend the time and money to design, develop, manufacture and market a significantly new bike for the adventure touring market, it should be aimed to compete with the BMW 1200GS, the Yama Tenere, and Guzzi Stelvio. You can make more money selling bikes for $15-18K than you can selling them for $8-10K.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
This Just In

Suzuki's strategy is to keep the 650 cheap but engaged in the marketplace while they put the finishing touches on the new VStrom 1350. This "MultiStrada Killer" will have fully adjustable Ohlins suspension, full engine and traction control systems, will come standard with ABS, aluminium luggage, electrically adjustable windscreen, a bike-specific Garmin GPS system with Bluetooth and 6 USB ports, and will have options for 21 inch front wheels (mag or spoke). The bike will retail for under $12,000.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Maybe 12,000 CANADIAN dollars, with the value of the US $ dropping, the exchange rate and all, we'll be paying $20,000 for the 'new' 650 soon.

·
Administrator
17,256 Posts
Suzuki's strategy is to keep the 650 cheap but engaged in the marketplace while they put the finishing touches on the new VStrom 1350. This "MultiStrada Killer" will have fully adjustable Ohlins suspension, full engine and traction control systems, will come standard with ABS, aluminium luggage, electrically adjustable windscreen, a bike-specific Garmin GPS system with Bluetooth and 6 USB ports, and will have options for 21 inch front wheels (mag or spoke). The bike will retail for under $12,000.

Yeah right...............

·
Registered
185 Posts
no really it's true

Yeah right...............
I read it also, I bookmarked the site but lost it. Sorry, it was a super secret site anyway which required a slightly patriotic avatar to get in ... lol

Face it Big B we are ALL just a pile of Big douche Bags.

Good write up kenneth moore, thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Be nice if the new super-duper oerodynamic bug screen is interchangeable. :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts