StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my datel voltmeter and the location of it.

RR

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
How bout a pic in the day time so we can see what it looks like and how you mounted it?

Oh, and a pic of your Date too....:cool:

cheers

·
Registered
382 Posts
I also have a Datel installed.

It consistently reads 0.5 volts lower than actual. I have verified this with 2 different hand-held voltmeters.

So, it is precise, just not accurate. Who cares? I can easily add 0.5 volts mentally.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
I thought you said DATE!

I was looking for a girl's picture.
I'm sure Mrs. Ridgerunner would have a keen interest in that photo, too.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I also have a Datel installed.

It consistently reads 0.5 volts lower than actual. I have verified this with 2 different hand-held voltmeters.

So, it is precise, just not accurate. Who cares? I can easily add 0.5 volts mentally.
Where are you getting your power from? Voltage will drop with wire length and size. I'd guess that if you connected a decent size wire set directly to your battery, that you'd get a correct reading.

If not, it should be returned so that you can get an accurate one...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where are you getting your power from? Voltage will drop with wire length and size. I'd guess that if you connected a decent size wire set directly to your battery, that you'd get a correct reading.

If not, it should be returned so that you can get an accurate one...
I dont know what Enigma has but I am running 16 ga. straight from the battery.

RR

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sure Mrs. Ridgerunner would have a keen interest in that photo, too.

U are right about that, if she could catch me I guess U would find my nads somewhere around the Highest Point on BRP where she kicked me in the groin :(:(:p/

RR

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How bout a pic in the day time so we can see what it looks like and how you mounted it?

Oh, and a pic of your Date too....:cool:

cheers
If I can remeber I will get U one. But I just mounted it to the underside of my Pat Walsh Radar shelf. Used super 3M tape and then just made a lil bracket out of some aluminum we had laying around at work.

RR

·
Registered
39 Posts
Voltmeter

What model is the meter and where do you buy it from?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts