StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feel free to contact me for assistance, tools, carport, trailer, place to stay ect. Or even just for some company or rout info. I will post more contact info to the contact list also.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
You, sir, live in one out-of-the-way place. The riding must be superb. Several of us are planning to attend a rally in Idaho in early Aug. Our plan is to go from Seattle to John Day the first day (approx 400 miles) and on to the Sawtooth Mountains the next (approx 300 miles). So 197 to Madras and then 26 to John Day. Next day 26 to Ontario, then Boise, and then 21 northeast to the rally site. I would appreciate your thoughts on the route and any other suggestions so we can make the most of the trip. Thanks.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes this is the middle of no where. And ya the riding here is amazing, almost no traffic, great roads. Or really bad ones if you prefer :coolgleamA: . Sounds like a good route. I personally would take 97 to the 206, to a little town called condon. Then take the 19 south to fossil. Past fossil take a right on the 207 to mitchell( this is an epic twistie road ). Once your at mithcell you will be on the 26 that takes you to johnday. This route should give you a little more even tire wear if you get my drift. Now you got thinking. I'm planing on attending the rally and also howardbell from Bend. Maybe we could all meet in this area and make the trip to the rally together. Just a thought. Happy trails.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Yes this is the middle of no where. And ya the riding here is amazing, almost no traffic, great roads. Or really bad ones if you prefer :coolgleamA: . Sounds like a good route. I personally would take 97 to the 206, to a little town called condon. Then take the 19 south to fossil. Past fossil take a right on the 207 to mitchell( this is an epic twistie road ). Once your at mithcell you will be on the 26 that takes you to johnday. This route should give you a little more even tire wear if you get my drift. Now you got thinking. I'm planing on attending the rally and also howardbell from Bend. Maybe we could all meet in this area and make the trip to the rally together. Just a thought. Happy trails.
Rick, definitely take this advice! I have ridden this route 3 or 4 times, and look forward to the next time.

Sakebato, you definitely live in riding dreamland. :thumbup:

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Heppner is one of my favorite places to hunt elk. Have camped at Divide Well too many times to count.
Beautiful country.
Not many folks even in Oregon know of the towns tragic history though.
The mention of the damn above brought it to mind.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Guys,

I just purchased my first V. An 04' DL1000 with 29000 miles. I read the post about a rally in idaho and some great riding to and from and wanted extend my hospitality to you all if your around the MT Hood area. I am in Parkdale and have some fantastic riding around here. Also, if you could get me some info on the Rally in Idaho you were discussing I would like to try to attend....and maybe meet up for some riding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts