StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hepco and becker sidecase racks arrived w/ german instructions. In the picture, it looks like you have to disassemble the tail section, and remove the topcase and topcase mount so you can relocate the blinkers. This has me concerned; I have a pelican 1550 topcase- will this blinker remounting unit be compat. W/ my different brand topcase mount? It looks like it might interfere. Does anyone know where english instructions are for hepco and becker sidecase racks?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Relocate the blinkers? I used the HB racks with my HB boxes on my 650, I didn't have to touch the blinkers.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The picture included shows the blinkers on a bracket that they supply in the kit. I don't understand all the "blinkermontage" freakin' instructions. I aint james v-strom bond over here w/ these languages.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Nah, you shouldn't have to touch the blinkers.

If I recall correctly, bolting points are at the passenger footrest mounting location, and at the front of the passenger grab rail, and either at the rear of the same grab rail or under the luggage rack. I think under the luggage rack. And then the cross piece between each side behind the rear wheel. There was a left over piece of bracket when mine were mounted, about 8" long with two short legs on it, if I recall. Never did figure that one out, but the luggage ran perfectly without it.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm a pretty suprised for the $ I spent, english Instructions weren't included. Will attempt install tomorrow. I also have a 16 led hyper lite I've been avoiding installing that I ought to install @ the same time. The reason it's been on my dining room table for two months is adressed in the quote that follows my posts.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I'm a pretty suprised for the $ I spent, english Instructions weren't included. Will attempt install tomorrow. I also have a 16 led hyper lite I've been avoiding installing that I ought to install @ the same time. The reason it's been on my dining room table for two months is adressed in the quote that follows my posts.
SW Motech is the same way, only German instructions. I don't know who these companies think they are- knowingly exporting to non-German speaking countries... I'm sure finding an English speaking employee somewhere within their ranks (at both HB and SWM) would not be an issue at all. Or the worst case scenario, hiring and interpretor to rewrite them in English, the most common language on Earth. That, or they think that all the German speaking, motorcycle owning, Europeans and North Americans will have no problem installing their products. For that matter, why isn't Twisted Throttle, the US importer, taking the initiative to interpret them? Heck, they could hire a college kid that speaks German to do that job.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's very true stevet. I bought 2 bags connection tankbags and I guess they are owned by sw motech, so german paperwork in there too. It must be a purposeful corporate bitch slap to non-mechanically intuitive chemically dependant american stromtroopers. We must burn their town!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts