StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any experience with this stand? I am looking for one for my wee and considering this one, OEM, and motec.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I'm assuming they're all pretty much the same, how much difference can there be between centerstands? I just bought the cheapest one, shipped to me that was the Motech.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Does anybody have any experience with this stand? I am looking for one for my wee and considering this one, OEM, and motec.
I bought my 06 mini-V used with the H&B centerstand. Works as it should but... it's hard to put down as the part that you put your foot on is less than 1" from the passenger peg and just painted so your foot slips. I've touched down with it twice so far on dips in the road. While cleaning my chain I saw several spots where the paint has just peeled off and it's rusting. I'd look at another brand.

Bill H.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I bought my 06 mini-V used with the H&B centerstand. Works as it should but... it's hard to put down as the part that you put your foot on is less than 1" from the passenger peg and just painted so your foot slips. I've touched down with it twice so far on dips in the road. While cleaning my chain I saw several spots where the paint has just peeled off and it's rusting. I'd look at another brand.

Bill H.
Good info. Thanks. I'll stick with OEM I guess since the SWMoto has off-road clearance issues.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The new SW-Motech stands have fixed that hanging crossbar issue. It's hard to tell which one will fill an online or mail order though. The OEMs still come with a longer peg feeler because they limit left turn on road clearance. All stands will have an eventual rust issue. Paint on the bottoms of the feet will not last long and rust spreads. Maintenance with rust conversion chemicals is a good idea.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I just installed my Motech center stand. It went on super easy and works great, highly recommended, $160 shipped from www.twistedthrottle.com.

Still, I'm kinda sour it didn't come with the bike to begin with.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Andrew,
I put my HB on 3 weeks ago( $157 @ Adventure Motostuff). Works great, except as firefly said the arm comes close to the rear foot pegs. A minor thing because I only use it 20% of the time. Seems well made and it lifts the rear tire off about 2".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts