StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing the Hepco & Becker center stand purchased from Adventure Motostuff for $157.50 plus shipping. Here's my experience:

Ordered 7/17
Received 8/16

:mad:

The instructions were in German only

:confused:

There were supposed to be two pairs of bushings
Part 11: 18x9x9
Part 12: 18x11x9
I received 4 of the 18x11x9

:confused:

I figured out the installation quickly and with the help of a magnetic part picker-upper to hold the bushings in place, was able to complete the installation in about 25 minutes. I used the bushings supplied without a problem. I had the back of the bike lifted off the ground with a swingarm lift and the front of the bike was in a Condor wheel chock. This undoubtedly saved me a whole bunch of cuts, bruises and angry words. I used string attached to the back wheel to install the dual spring set; Very slick and pretty simple.

I used chain lube on the pivots and Locktite on the bolts.

It works like a charm and is very easy to operate when compared to the Concours I was riding last year. The rear wheel is indeed lifted off the ground far enough to spin the wheel and service the chain.

We'll see what happens if I lower the bike 3/4" with the Madstad links. I have read elsewhere that the stock stand still works in that case.

:):):)

Overall, it looks like a great product.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I took mine off today because SOME IDIOT who shall go unnamed ended up using the stand as a bash plate a couple of times. Testament to the strength of the stand, it's in fine shape but I broke the mounting point on the bike where it attachs. I'll be remounting if I can figure out how.

·
Registered
304 Posts
What poser, you can't speak german? LOL
H&B center stand does reduce ground clearance a lot. I've bounced mine off rocks a bunch of times. Hope I don't bust the mounting points like road rash.:eek: I'd hate to go offroad if with the centerstand on a lowered bike.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What poser, you can't speak german? LOL
H&B center stand does reduce ground clearance a lot. I've bounced mine off rocks a bunch of times. Hope I don't bust the mounting points like road rash.:eek: I'd hate to go offroad if with the centerstand on a lowered bike.
I try never to go off road. My knees don't need the aggravation. The worst stuff I ride on is Nova Scotia back roads, which suck to the extreme.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
I know this is from a very old posting. But is in line with my 10 year rule. I wait for 10 years to see if something is worth the wait.
What is Hepco & Becker using for a stop when stand is up? My "new" old stand misses the bracket on exhaust pipe. I made a bracket but not happy with it.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Mine (from about '07 also) came with a bracket and rubber bump stop that mount to the exhaust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts