StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am feeling some excessive vibration in the foot pegs and hear a little clunking while moving the bike. the chain and sprockets only have 11,000 miles on them and is always well lubed. At 57,000 miles is it possible for the cush drive to fail?

The rear sprocket can be moved about 1/8" of an inch in either direction while on the side stand. Is this normal?

Thanks, MyStrom :confused:

·
Registered
776 Posts
I am no expert,but your cush drive dampers are probably well worn at 57K. I would take a close look at tire wear, are wheel weights missing or poorly balanced wheels? Has your chain been checked for alignment recently? Measuring both sides will reveal. Have you checked wheel bearings recently? Have you checked final drive bearing?

just suspect items,

Clem

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advise Clem. Upon futher inspection the Chain does have a few links that may be kinking. A definite tight spot so I will replace the chain first.
My Strom :headbang:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Thanks for the advise Clem. Upon futher inspection the Chain does have a few links that may be kinking. A definite tight spot so I will replace the chain first.
My Strom :headbang:
Hey My Strom. I agree with replacing the chain.

57K does seem like a lot of miles for cush dampers. With close to the same miles I've just replaced mine a second time. They are relatively cheap and easy to change.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have 47k miles on mine and the new drive cushons will be here on Thursday. I'll post up after install.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The sprocket carrier bearing , cush rubbers and the chain protector around the front of the swingarm are often toast well before that mileage on 1000s.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the suggestions guy's! All parts are on order and will be in the shop next week. (Full Spectrum Racing) :hurray:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts